Monday, July 11, 2011

Personal Style: Retro Chocolate Polka Dots

This may be weird, not sure, but matching browns is extremeluy important to me. This outfit may seem simple, but it almost gave me a panic attack because I couldn't find brown shoes that matched. Dark chocolate browns, burgandy browns, tans, cognac browns... it's an immediate eyesore for me when accessories don't match.

Fortunately, I had made this necklace a while back that pulls the shoe color in with that one amber colored bead. It's odd how that one necklace saved the outfit.

And oh! My final haircut reveal. I love it because it's cute and I dig shattered layers. I also like how it shows my peekaboo highlights I did several months ago in the interior section of my layers. I hate it b/c it really requires flat ironing, (and she cut the front shorter than the back... loathe that.) I usually only blow dry my hair about 10 times a year, so this is going to drive me insane and I will be doing a lot of deep conditioning now. But, as a hairstylist, I have a few tricks up my sleeve.

   I changed up my Aquarius eye make-up, by adding some slightly shimmery chocolate shadow to the crease.


Dress: Forever 21, via goodwill
Necklace: Jeweled Ambrosia, made by me
Earrings: vintage brass sailor knots
Shoes, can't remember
Tank top: it's maternity... sad

So, if you like my outfit, please vote for it here on Clothed Much's rule Breaking Monday post! Thanks :)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the dress!!! And I'm right there with you with the browns. I actually think the dress would look great with some bright yellow or red shoes!!

Little Lovables said...

I agree totally and am glad I'm not alone in my brown paranoia. I need to go find some bright red or yellow shoes, and maybe even make a matching sash. That would be so cute!

Jessie said...

You are so cute!!!!!!! Love the hair!

my thrifty closet said...

lovely outfit! I like the pokka dotty dress. Brown on brown is fine, it's easy on the eyes and so chic

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Anna @ IHOD said...

Thanks for stopping by and entering the giveaway! LOVE your blog! This dress is adorable.
:) anna

Related Posts with Thumbnails